5.07.2008

9/11: We Will Never Forget



Sunday May 4, 10:15am.

An Italian tourist is at the 23rd street subway booth:

Tourist: "Yes, hello, um, how do I get to the Twin Towers."

Station Agent: "What?"

Tourist: "What stop for the Twin Towers."

Station Agent: "What? towers? What towers?"

*MTA Station agent leaves the booth in a huff and comes around to talk to the tourist face to face.

Station Agent: "Where do you want to go?"

Tourist: "Twin Towers"

Station Agent: "I don't know what that is."

SILENCE. The two stare at each other for a few seconds.

Tourist: (again) "Twin Towers"

Station Agent: "TWIN towers? Twin Towers? TWIN? TWIN?"

Tourist: "Yes."

Station Agent: "Hmmmm. I don't know."

*This is when I decided to butt in.

Me: "She's talking about ground zero. The TWIN Towers. Remember those TWO BUILDINGS THAT WERE HIT BY THE PLANES. Remember? I think it was on the news."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home