5.21.2007

Speedwagon?
In the 5th grade I moved to a new neighborhood. During my first week I was kicking a ball in the street with some of the local kids, trying to make friends. Two older guys said they were going to see "R.E.O." on Friday. I asked "what's R.E.O? " I had never heard of it. One of the older guys looked at me and shook his head, then with a loud voice said, "Hey everybody. This retard doesn't know who R.E.O. Speedwagon is!" They all laughed at me.

I just heard some R.E.O on the radio. Many people probably associate their music with good times and partying. I associate R.E.O Speedwagon with shame and public humiliation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, poor retard!

I associate REO with middle school dances: both fun AND humiliating.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home